Thank you from your winner – Leon!

Students, we want to hear from you too! Click here to go to your profile survey and tell us what you think for a chance to win a £20 voucher!

We asked Leon to tell us about winning I’m an Engineer, and here is what he said…

leonwechieI had a great time talking to young students across the UK about what being an engineer involves! They asked questions about my PhD work, what it entails from the pros to the cons, what inspired me to become an engineer, the best possible advice I could give to someone who wants to pursue a career in engineering, and many other questions!

I was very enthusiastic about relaying my knowledge, experience and key information that I knew they would benefit from hearing at their young age. The majority were very receptive, some captivated, and so it’s a pleasure knowing that we were able to encourage some of the world’s future engineers!

Firstly, I would like to acknowledge our CDT-Tribology research team at the University of Leeds and Sheffield who are doing a fantastic job in shaping us as engineers. I’d also like to give a warm thanks to the I’m an Engineer team for allowing us this fantastic opportunity to inspire our future generation of engineers. Furthermore, I extend my appreciation to the fellow Engineers for their enthusiasm and wonderful contributions in making these talks a massive success.

Lastly, a big shout-out to all the students that took part in the talks and voted for me, I had the best time interacting with you all and I trust you’ll all go on to do amazing things in Engineering and other fields!

Stay planning and God bless

Posted on November 24, 2016 by modbeth in News. Leave a comment.